Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It's Here!!!!!

I got home from work today and there was a notice on my door that I have a package to pick up at the post office. I instantly knew what it was - the estrogen & progesterone have made it here from Brno! I am on day 4 of 10 for progesterone. I was so worried it wouldn't get here in time or that it would be held at the border. Holy smokes, this is actually happening!!!!

Yesterday, Little G and I were chatting about one of the girls in her class and how she her Mom was having twins (I'll get back to that later). She asked me if I could have a baby because she really really wants to be a big sister. I am not telling her about going to Brno or that we are going to try again, so of course I said no. She was upset about it and kept asking me why not. So, I told her that she knows that it's hard for me to have babies and that my eggs aren't very good. She looked at me, and very logically told me that I should just go back to the store and get the same eggs that I got before from the lady so that we could have another baby. It was very cute and a little heartbreaking. I very badly want to give her a little brother or sister, but there are no guarantees.

Back to the twins thing - there are no twins, there is one new little baby brother for Little G's friend. So funny, the little girl was telling everyone that her Mom had twins. I met the Dad and his words were "thank the little baby Jesus, there's only one". LOL!

Back to my cycle... here is the way things are looking, I finish my progesterone on Tuesday Jan 27th. My period shoud start 3 to 5 days later (so let's say 3 for the sake of argument). I then take Estrogen for 14 days - ultrasound on day 14 - February 12th, based on the U/S results I start taking progesterone with my estrogen for 7 more days. On Feb 17 I fly to Brno, with the time change I arrive on Feb 18th, transfer on Feb 19th (assuming embryos survive thaw), travel to Prague on the 19th stay in posh hotel and fly home early Feb 20th.

Things will likely shift a little bit, but I hopefully will end up in Brno the week of the 18th.

Oh, and I should mention that I think the weird headaches etc that I was experiencing was from the progesterone. I didn't experience any weirdness today so I must be getting used to it.


2 comments:

  1. Another hurdle taken, yes!

    "get the same eggs that I got before from the lady", so heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.

    Do you happen to remember when you started telling her about the eggs?

    And do you not plan on telling her when you actually fly to 'see if you can still find the store' ?

    From my point of view it is soooo cool you can have these conversations...
    And about twins and or only one, any news from your poor friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progress!! And how cure little G, hopefully soon her dream will be fulfllled!

    ReplyDelete