Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Good to Go!

My appointment today went very well! We went over my blood test results and all looks pretty good - except that I am pre-pre-diabetic. My Dr. recommended losing a little weight as that will put me in a better position for getting pregnant and staving off the pre-diabetic stage. The good news is as of this morning I am down 6lbs in approx 3 weeks or so; I am on my way to a little healthier me.

As I expected she gave me a script for BCP and also for getting the ultrasound during the FET cycle.

I am also looking at going to a Nutritionist and am awaiting a call back from the counsellor to make an appointment. This is my year. Regardless of whether I get pregnant, I am taking small steps to help me get back to a healthy lifestyle and a healthier me.

As to the FET, I am good to go. She said to wait for my next period to start before I take the BCP, but I am going to start it on Feb 10th since I need to time my cycle appropriately. I guess the next step is to book the flight (I want to book it early enough that it is still relatively inexpensive). I am going to fly the executive economy class or whatever it's called. It is about 1.5 times the cost of a regular ticket, but you get more space and a few bonuses. I am also going to get cancellation insurance just in case things don't go as planned.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but in a few months I could be pregnant again!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wohooo for a great update! Yes absolutely, fly upper economy, totally worth it!! Unless, you find a couple like us with a toddler ehm ehm, but it's that little bit extra space and more comfortable seats. Can't wait to follow your next steps!! Much love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to go, yay!
    and with the small steps: baby steps are very appropriate now!
    I think 6 lbs in 3 weeks is a good rate, losing fat is much harder than losing water or muscle, and you need your muscles! You want to be healthier, not undernourished (and maybe skinny and grumpy).

    ReplyDelete